Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Through the Lens: Shopaholic Ties the Knot

Let's talk about books.

I love reading. I really do. But I'm too lazy. Haha!

Ok, here's a little confession... I actually like to read books. And whenever a new book comes out (which I know is a good one), I will say "I would really read that book" or "I will surely buy that one". But actually, I don't really get to even finish the book on time! :(

So right now, what I can see through my eyeglass lenses is text from the book, Shopaholic Ties the Knot. Of course, by my idol author, Sophie Kinsella. I've been a fan since Confessions of a Shopaholic, around year 2009. *winks* Well, I'm not done yet. I'm halfway. And hoping to finish the book before Sunday. So I can read another one next week. To tell you the truth, it has been more than a year since I've read Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (the prequel of the book I am reading right now). But things happened... the bookstores nearby ran out of stock, and blah. And I think they just had a restock only by the beginning of this year. But eventually I became a little disappointed already, and I've got no extra money to be spent on novels.

Luckily, and maybe it was destiny (charot!*) that my cousin, Ate Joanne had this collection of books. I asked her if she had the Shopaholic series, and her answer was "YES". And it was just in time that I went South with my mom, and had the chance to visit their place, too. When I got out of her house, there were already 2 books on my hand. Weeeeeeh! And brought the books here in Bohol. She didn't give them to me though (like, give talaga), I just borrowed them. But I totally understand. What's a collection for, di ba? :)



So the book's story is about a shopaholic girl (obviously) named Becky Bloomwood and her adventures in life, in shopping, in living in America, and in getting married. It's the 3rd book already. The first one was Confessions of a Shopaholic, next was the Shopaholic takes Manhattan, and then this one.

By this time, Becky already settled with Luke, her multi-millionaire boyfriend. They got engaged, and they made wedding plans. The problem is, two other people are planning their wedding: Becky's mum, who wants a simple wedding at the backyard, and; Luke's high-class mother who wants a very glamorous wedding in some prestigious place known as the Plaza.

From the very first book, I actually find the story funny. But just last night, as I was reading this book, I found myself teary-eyed. At some point, I felt how hurt Becky was when what happened, which I won't tell you what it was. If you haven't read the book, you should! And for those who already enjoyed the book, or books for that matter (as it's a series), then "high five!"

I really admire how such a fictional character seemed to be so alive to me. Plus, the setting, the brands of every coat, dress or shoe the different characters are using... and everything! For me, it's just what girl should read. :)

By the way, if you haven't joined my giveaway with White Poppy Wishes yet, you can join HERE.

Ok, enough with the chitchat. I should continue reading now. Have some wonderful reading sweeties!

6 comments:

  1. haller:D IF I give them to you, my collection will not be complete na , as in, dba? ehehe:D kaya borrow ka nalang muna:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mao lagi te.. Kasabot bitaw ko :) Thank you. <3

      Delete
  2. ..i'm a fan of Sophie Kinsella too..have you read the I've got Your Number??.. so in lovce with it.. best book of hers.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet. But will try to check that out! You really used the term "best book" so that might really be an interesting one! :) Thanks for the info, Marine Therese! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of reading series of Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella but I would like to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. you really love sophie kinsella don't you? Hihi. me too! :)

    ReplyDelete